Tuesday, October 5, 2021

And We Keep Burning

 You know...after having one bad day...you kinda think to yourself that that means the rest of the week will be better.

And like. Yesterday was not a good day. Not with the auditors in town and my mental health teetering rather badly.

But today. Today I was like "It's gonna be a good day!" I was mentally prepared to go into work and figure out what needed to be fixed in my department and make sure it got fixed and all that jazz.

Customers though.

The freaking customers.

Made it into yet another bad day at work.

And it's soooo frustrating. So very frustrating. 

Like the beginning of my work shift didn't start too badly. A little bit of chaos in the grooming salon. A bit of this and that around the store and back up cashiering and such. 

But I had the inkling it wouldn't be a great day.

Not when my opening coworker told me that while the morning hadn't been 'busy' per se....it had been filled with needy customers. Like they said they had 3 thirty minute phone calls in a row where the customers just....wouldn't accept the answers given.

And as the evening wore on....it got worse...like the bad chaotic worse.

Tuesdays are usually pretty dead days for us. Like we're busy but not chaotic busy. It's slow compared to other days.

Today was not a slow day.

I was kept hopping all over the store from register to curbside to crickets to cats to register to phone calls to cats to stocking stuff and on and on and round and round.

It was like a never ending battle of being on the edge of drowning with too much going on.

It was hopping from customer to customer and still having customers leaving unsatisfied or angry because 'the lines were too long. I wasn't helped soon enough. You only have one cashier" as if they couldn't (and they probably couldn't) see the fact that there were three of us at the front of the store and two of us were trying to help customers with curbside issues while the cashier is new and was trying to work as fast as they could.

It just....it was a chaotic day.

We tried to start the bird bedding change sometime before I got into work...and didn't get stuff put back until like the last hour we were open for the day because we kept getting pulled away by customers.

We had our truck show up super late and it took time to unload that. 

We had a register go down and we needed to restart it only the day got so crazy that we totally forgot to finish restarting it until I tried to shut it down for the night and discovered we'd never properly got it up again so I had to wait for the register to reboot before I could shut it down.

We had a group of teens come into the store wanting a hamster but the hamster they chose was aggressive only my new coworker didn't know it was aggressive and proceeded to get bitten multiple times trying to get it out of the cage for the customers before I intervened and directed them to a different cage.

We had a lady come into the store insisting she'd ordered 12 fish tanks for pick up and refused to believe that she was in the wrong store until fifteen minutes later after trying to 'help' prove to her that she wasn't in the right place.

We had No time whatsoever to face the store because of all the crazy so it kinda just looks like a disaster.

And then when we were finally getting ready to leave our new cashier left without waiting for us but I didn't see them leave so had to go hunt around the store to make sure they actually left the building before me and my closing petcare coworker could leave the store.

Only I ended up getting called back into the store just as I was about to enter the on ramp because a different manager got a call saying that the alarm system was still going off so I had to turn around and go figure out what had happened and make sure that my coworker actually was gone.

And the issue ended up being that there's this door that we've never had to lock up before that i attempted to lock up today as the auditors said it needed to be locked up when we weren't open but the doors refused to stay turned off and so I'm guessing they kept trying to open and it was that motion that set off the alarm system, but I couldn't get the stupid doors to stop opening and closing so I finally had to just leave them open and lock up like we used to normally lock up otherwise the alarm would just go off again...

It's just....been a day.

Such a bad day.

I'm hoping that tomorrow is better.

But since both Monday and Tuesday have basically been filled with fire...I won't be surprised if tomorrow ends up being a disaster as well.

*fingers crossed* that that isn't the case.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment