Saturday, September 18, 2021

Donated

  I was in the middle of helping another customer when I saw a guy walk in with a bowl in his hands. Said bowl holding three visible bags of water.

And usually if people come in holding large bags of water...it means that they have a fish return. And with lots of water in the bag that usually means the fish is still alive.

So customer wanted to return fish. Easy enough.

And as soon as I finished with the other customer I approached the dude...and immediately noticed a slight problem.

The bags of water were obviously store fish bags.

Fish bags that were clearly labeled with our competition's name.

Now. It's not that uncommon for customers to confuse the two different stores. They both have "Pet" in their name and oftentimes people think it's the same business even though the names are different.

So I was preparing to do the whole "Hey you brought the fish to the wrong store you'll need to go to the other place" speech as I approached.

And the guy was like "Hi, I don't want these fish anymore and just want to donate them." 

And like...we don't accept donated fish. We only accept fish from people who bought said fish from us within a certain time period. 

However.

The key word was donate. Dude didn't care what we did with the fish. He just wanted to get rid of them.

(It does make me wonder why he wanted to get rid of them now and how long he had had them before giving them away) 

And the fish the dude wanted to donate?

3 GloDanios. 3 GloTetras. 2 African Dwarf Frogs. 1 Blue Dwarf Gourami.

Now. 

I had no use for the frogs or gourami.

But I have been wanting to buy more Glofish for my giant fish tank. But because they're rather...pricey and I've been waiting for a good fish sale to occur in the store before buying more.

And here this guy was giving away his glofish. For free. Donating them.

So of course I took them. Took them for my own tank. 

^^;; 

I did take the other three creatures as well. The two frogs and the gourami. Though my 125 gallon tank is far too big for the frogs...I didn't really trust the competition's creatures in our tank. 

But I do have a ten gallon tank at home that has semi aggressive fish in it. A shark, tiger barbs. So the gourami went in with them. And I put the frogs in there too. So far they seem to be getting along...though the shark is once again chasing the tiger barbs around. *shakes head*

But yah. I just got like $60 worth of fish/frogs for free. ^^;;

So I call that a win for the day. :D 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment