Friday, September 17, 2021

Itchy Itch

 It started Sunday night.

I was chilling on the couch. Reading my life away because my motivation to do my own creative pursuits...aka writing....has been at all time low. 

I hadn't been doing much beyond reading. Occasionally taking a break outside to take a picture of the sunset.

And I just happened to scratch my arm. 

And it started itching like crazy.

That typical "Oh I just got bit by a mosquito itching" sort of feeling. 

I look down, and sure enough there's a red spot there, showing irritation of the skin.

Knowing that you can't fix an itching spot by scratching it.

I promptly set to ignoring it and going to my old tried and trued cure of placing the spot under cold water to help decrease the itching sensation.

Itching sensation did not decrease.

No for TWO days there was a constant little 'itch' on my arm. It was a feeling that was there in the back of my mind. Brought to the forefront of my mind every time I accidentally brushed something where the itchy spot was.

Definitely not a mosquito bite at this point. It never showed the typical white bump of the mosquito bite.

If anything it had more of the red shade of ringworm...though I haven't had ringworm be sooo itchy. No appear so suddenly. And the red spot ended up with some yellowish bumps that looked more like...well burns than anything else.

A quick google search shows that it looks similar to a spider bite.

What kind of spider? No idea. Probably not venomous just because the itchy spot isn't getting worse and my skin isn't dying off. Sooo yah. Probably not venomous. 

Which is good because we've had hobo spiders in the house and I do not want to be bit by one of those.

Who knows what type of spider I may have been bitten by though.

In any case. 

I'm going with that it's a spider bite. 

Though there is that slight concern that it's yet another brush with ringworm. As the center of the area is now going more white. While the outside edge remains more of a ring. 

Still...I've never had ringworm itch like this. Like I take off the bandaid and even that motion can set it to screaming "SCRATCH ME!" 

*exhales*

I've been putting cortisone cream on it and that seems to help.

But it's so irritating. It's already been nearly a week. I wish the itchiness and the redness would go away. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment