Tuesday, February 8, 2022

All The Ones

I hadn't paid much attention to the customer at the register as my focus was getting him to move his cart enough out of the way that I could clean up a spill from someone's dog slightly earlier.

And I'd heard him counting "80, 81, 82! okay. I need to go grab my card I'll be right back."

As the customer had apparently only had so much cash on him apparently $82 and had left his card in his car so he paid with the cash first and then ran to go grab his card, finishing the transaction almost before I had managed to put the mop bucket away from cleaning up the spill.

I hadn't thought much more on it though.

Not until closing.

When I went to count Register 1 and discovered a huge pile of one dollar bills in the register.

Like usually we try and keep the bills more evenly spaced out so that we have some of each denomination in the til that would equal up to the specific amount of money we're supposed to have in each til.

So at most we would only keep like $40 in ones in the till. At most. Most of the time it hovers closer to $20.

But by the time I was done counting the pile of $1s there was $68 there. O.o 

And so I said over the radio to the cashier. "Did someone give you all their ones or something?" 

Cus it does happen on occasion. Where people will give us a ton of change or a fistful of ones.

and my cashier was like "Yah. Some dude paid like $80 in ones." 

EIGHTY DOLLARS at least. In ONES.

Like dude. 

Why and how did you end up with so many??? 

I'm guessing tips.

But it's also impressive considering that out of that $68, twenty of those ones were original to the register.

So we had $48 dollars in ones from this dude's transaction left by the end of the night.

which I suppose shows just how much we give out ones if we managed to nearly half the original amount because the til was pretty barren in other areas compared to the ones.

But still.

It's crazy to have so many ones together in one place lol.

I ended up exchanging most of the bills out for other bills so that we could once again not have a ton of ones in the drawer.

But yeesh. 

So. Many. Ones.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment