Thursday, February 3, 2022

Off Kilter

I got hit with a ... Dizzy spell today.

Not sure it was actually a dizzy spell.

But like. One second I'm standing there helping customers and the next I'm having to reach out to grab onto something because my sense of vertigo just went screwy. 

Like the world tilted slightly to the left for a bit. 

And I could feel that my body didn't feel quite right.

I could still move normally. Could still talk normally.

But my vision....it was normal....it just kinda felt like.... I don't know.

That moment of dizziness when you stand up too quickly. A slight sensation of movement when you're not moving. I guess sealegs like sensation where it feels like the world is wobbling around you but it's not.

And like...when I moved to walk, I had a bit of a moment of wondering if I was going to stagger into something. Tip over. Trip. Because I could feel that my balance was slightly off even though I could also see that I was standing up right and basically walking and moving normally.

It was the weirdest sensation. Not a fun sensation.

But like....I'm not even sure why it hit? Like I was two hours away from getting off my shift. I'd eaten lunch two hours before that. I was drinking liquids....

But I'm guessing it may have been just an....exhaustion response?? As I felt soooo tired today and I definitely didn't get enough sleep last night -stayed up too late reading- and with me being tense and probably not breathing properly.....

Yah. There's a bunch of reasons why the dizziness happened.

It threw me off though for sure. 

Though taking a bath to relax my muscles and a nap and eating a real dinner instead of snacking also seems to have helped it.

*fingers crossed* It doesn't return tomorrow.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment