Friday, February 4, 2022

Space

There's a thing about being introverted....is that you're always delegating energy to interacting with people. And as a retail worker...alot of my energy goes to interacting with customers.

So I tend to value my alone time whenever I get it.

Which has been pretty rare since the Pandemic started because one roomie is still working from home most of the time and so therefore is always home.

And like...we don't always interact, but home always has a different energy to it when there's another person on site. 

You're not truly alone. Even if you're both hanging out in your bedrooms.

No.

It's not that common I get alone time here at the house.

And if I do get alone time it's only for like...a couple of hours.

But I tend to value those couple of hours of having the place to myself.

So when I get told by the roomies that they're going to not be home when I get home from work?

Oh. It's joyous news for me lol.

Which has made this week 'that' much harder.

Because this week I was told twice that I would have the house to myself.

Only to discover. Upon coming home from work.

That at least one roomie was still home. 

Because plans had changed.

And therefore they'd already done the thing or pushed back the thing and therefore....meant that I wouldn't have the house to myself.

To say it was disheartening was a bit of an....understatement.

I don't mind being around people....when I'm expecting to be around people.

But when I'm expecting to be alone and discover that that isn't going to be the case?

Yah. My introverted self doesn't like that.

I plan for alone time, I want alone time.

To have it happen twice this week where I could have had alone time and was denied it?

Yah.

It's not the end of the world....but it really just....disappointing. 

I so rarely get my alone time. 

To plan for it and not get it?

It sucks. 

*exhales* I have a third chance tomorrow to have the house to myself....we'll see if it actually happens.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment