Monday, February 7, 2022

At Least 18

I had a guy come into the store today, who I wouldn't have thought much about because he didn't ping me as the "Under 18" type so mostly I was preparing myself to answer a lot of questions about whatever pet he may have come into the store to impulse buy as I live in a college town and we get a ton of lonely students who think that getting a pet will solve their problems. 

So it kinda surprised me when he was like "How old do you have to be to buy a fish? 18?"

Which...usually if people ask me how old they have to be to buy something....they usually aren't 18.

And we don't sell live animals to people who aren't at least 18 because we don't want to get in trouble with parents who didn't realize their kid was going to buy a pet.

So I told him "Yah, you have to be at least 18 to buy a fish." and mentally prepared myself to ask for his I.D. if he did decide to try and buy one, just so I could double check and make sure he's legit. 

And the dude seriously was like "Do you check I.D.s here?" 

*shakes head*

Honestly we only check I.D.s on kids that look like they're too young. And half the time we just  go "How old are you?" and they answer and we go "Okay" if they say over 18 and "No you can't buy one" if they're under. 

But I'm not about to tell that to the dude. I'm like "Yes, we do check IDs here." 

And yah....he ended up vanishing.

But it's kinda funny because honestly, he looked like he'd be in college so if he hadn't asked about age, I would have assumed that he was an adult and wouldn't have asked him anything and he could have got a fish.

Silly him. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment