Thursday, November 3, 2022

A Quick In and Out

 I do have to say...that the 11-7 midshift is my least favorite shift.

Especially since the last...three?? four?? 11-7 related shifts I've had have had me involved in throwing freight from the truck onto our shelves.

And like...stocking is okay. I don't mind it. In small doses.

But like when my entire shift is dedicated to the task??

Nope. I do not like it.

Though it's understandable I've been expected to do more freight as one of our main stockers has been out for the past couple of weeks, so the team has been down a member meaning not as much gets done in the mornings leaving more for me to do in the evenings.

*shakes head*

In any case.

I was able to get a small break from trying to finish the last of the freight from our truck by heading off to the vet.

As we'd dropped off a chinchilla with eye issues off this morning.

And a couple hours before the end of my shift they finally called back to say that the chinchilla was ready to go back to us.

Diagnoises? Poor thing has gluacoma in the eye. Therefore he needs to get surgery to get the eye removed as there's nothing else the vet can do otherwise.

The surprising thing about going to grab the chinchilla from the vet....was how quickly I was able to pick it up?

Like. Due to the crazy at the store I made it over to them barely 15 minutes before they closed. 

And like...in the past when we've come by...it's ended up being a wait to get our animal back. Anywhere from 10 minutes to like a good 45 minutes of waiting.

But today when I pulled in....I was literally the only car in the parking lot.

And they already had the chinchilla out and waiting for pick up when I walked in. I basically just had to pay for the vet visit, get the needed meds instruction from the tech, and off I went. Like I spent maybe 3 minutes at most inside the building. It was crazy!

lol though a really good thing, as work has been one of those busy Thursdays and I had literally vanished to go to the vet in the middle of the dinner rush. So the sooner I got back to provide an extra body on the floor to help customers the better.

So yah.

It helped to pass the time a bit. And I got to take a small break away from the chaos.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment