Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Let It Snow

 We had the first major snow storm of the winter today.

I mean, it snowed like....two weeks or so ago?? But it was mostly in the mountains.

This was the first storm to actually stick in the valleys and give...at least my area...a good two or three inches of snow, though I know other parts of the state received higher amounts. Like I heard my hometown got like 8 inches?

In any case.

It's kinda weird that it's still....snowing?

Like I'm used to most storms only lasting a couple of hours.

But this morning when I finally got out of bed like around 930ish...it was raining and who knew how long it had been raining for, but it was raining heavily enough that when I relcutantly ventured out to go grab the groceries I desperately needed....the rain thick enough that the windshield wipers were going like crazy...but also the cars on the roads were kicking up a lot of water into the air.

Which made driving along the freeway quite the experience. Nothing like driving thorugh a thick layer of mist where you can barely see the car's taillights in front of you.

I nearly chose to take the backroads back home to just avoid dealing with the misty driving, but when I got off the exit there was an accident up the road at the next intersection. I have no idea how big it was originally but there were 2 cars and 2 ambulances and like a good 6 police officers....soooo big enough??

In any case. I chose to take the familiar freeway back instead of dealing with the unknown city street driving...as in many ways that can be scarier with all the stopping and going and multiple points of access.

At least on the freeway there's a limited amount of ways you could interact with the cars around you.

But! I got home safely.

And had the excellent timing to get home like...maybe ten minutes before the storm switched from rain to snow.

And boy did it snow.

Like again, I'm used to storms only lasting a couple of hours.

But it's nearly midnight now and the snow is still falling steadily a good 12 hours later.

Which is great because my state desperately needs the moisture.

It's just weird. Weird to have it snowing for so long. 

Though it's very enjoyable....when I'm inside and nice and warm lol.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment