Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Check Please?

 Along with the car drama yesterday....I also gotta have fun with more Work related Register techy calls too.

As Monday was to be the day of me calling the tech people to say "THIS is what is wrong with the check reader on Register 1. Fix It." 

*exhales* 

Like...at least the call didn't take 2 hours this time? No it only took about 20 minutes.

But it is a bit frustrating to have to do all the 'techy move this around' stuff while the dude on the phoen types away at his computer and has me do this and that and the other.

BUT.

We got it figured out what was wrong with the check reader.

And it was one of those stupid simple solutions where it would have been a waste of time to send a dude out here to fix it.

No. All the register needed....was a new strip cartridge. 

As there's this cassette tape esque device inside the printer/check reader. 

And the strip on said reader...can wear out.

Turns out. That's what happened.

So all we needed to do was to pull out the old one and put in the old one and walla!! The Check Reader is Now Fixed!!

Supposedly.

We wouldn't know for sure if the issue was fixed until we tried a check on Register 1 again.

Which....with me having car problems, and it actually being a busy Monday...I didn't want to risk taking Register 1 out of commission if the check reader still didn't work..

So we waited until tonight. After close. Since I was the closing manager today. To test the check reader.

Which I was already mostly confident it would work, as I did remember to check my bank account before I came into work today and it DID show that my check from Saturday night had gone through. (so no stolen fish for me, they were all rightfully purchased lol) 

So it would mostly be a matter of seeing if the printing on the check part of it would work or not.

Which it took a minute to be able to actually USE the register after we closed because we had 2 customers still in the store when we closed. and the First one decided that at like...idk 2 minutes before close?? He wanted to rent out a carpet cleaner. 

.....I'll never understand last minute shoppers. Never. 

And my cashier took FOREVER to fill out the paperwork for the customer to be able to rent the carpet cleaner.

But luckily I hadn't yet shut down register 2 just in case register 1 had issues so I was able to help the other customer still waiting to be checked out.

ONLY. She wanted to take advantage of our sale of "buy 3 get the 4th treat free" deal by splitting up her purchase so that she'd save more money on the 'free' treat rather than less.

As usually the least expensive item receives the discount.

So she bought 4 $25 treats on one transaction to get 1 of those $25 treats free.

And then she bought the rest of her stuff and 4 other under $8 treats on the second purchase.

Which turned a maybe 5 minute transaction into a Ten minute transaction.

Which worked well enough I guess as me and the other cashier ended up finishing with our customers about the same time so we could kick them out of the store close together.

Which meant that I could FINALLY test out another check on register 1. 

AND IT WORKED!!

Woot. No "Did I steal this aquarium gravel and decor?" question for me tonight!

So yay for 1 broken thing fixed on register.

Now I just need to wait for the pinpad on Register 4 to come in to see if THAT finally fixes all our problems so that we can have 4 up and running for black friday.

Guess we'll see.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment