Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Oh Look. Another Stressful Day

 *collapses face down onto my bed and screams into a pillow*

Well....today....today has been a day. *exhales*

Like yesterday already had it's own stresses as 

1. I was still coming down from 'ah my car is broken!' stress -the clicking noise went away btw.

2. We had one person leave early and another come late yesterday leaving us short staffed---but i also received a phone call about today's closing petcare shift where the worker wouldn't be able to make it in due to their plane being delayed (as they're just getting back from a trip) due to weather so I had to see if someone could switch shifts with them (they coudl!!) 

3. We were expecting a visit from our Temporary DM today so yesterday, on top of the various stressors, I also had to work to try and make my department look nice and also make sure the ENTIRE store was Faced and ALSO looking nice.

Which led to us not clocking out until our actual clock out time of 10pm last night. -I usually try to get out earlier if possible---

To find out this morning that our closing cashier also called out today and NO other cashiers could come i so my mid manager volunteered to come in a little later so she could stay a litle later into the evening and thankfully our mid cashier of the day was able to stay a couple of hours longer unti close so we HAD the coverage. But it was just stressful knowing we were still short staffed one person....though it was a rather slow day today so yay.

But there was sooooo much other stress placed upon me today too.

Luckily none of it car related so yay for small mercies.

But 1.

The temporary DM visit....well....it went?

Like apparently Core looked great, but Petcare? Petcare 'needs work' *glares into the middle distance* as well as salon. Which okay. Petcare and Salon always have areas of improvement.

But like this dude's .....I just want to strangle him?? Pretty sure he's never worked a day in Petcare in his life.

As his notes of things to 'fix' just basically added more tasks onto our already laden backs. Like...HOW are we supposed to get EVERYTHING done in the TIME FRAME you want us to get it done in when you DON'T GIVE US THE PEOPLE OR THE HOURS TO GET IT DONE IN?!

Like we have two back room areas to hold animals in. One for our new arrivals so that we can make sure the animals are healthy before they come out onto the floor. 

And the other for our 'sick' animals where we can isolate them from other animals until they get better.

And we've been told for years that it needs to be 'hospital clean'

Which okay. We do what we can.

BUT this DM's definition of hospital clean?

He wants us cleaning ALL THE FREAKING SURFACES IN THE ROOM. Every. Single. DAY. 

The walls, the door, the floor, the tables, the freaking paper towl and hand sanitizer dispensors. EVERYTHING needs to be wiped down..

BUT. We can't keep cleaning supplies in the room. Oh no. Those have to remain on a cart. We can't have brooms in the room. We can't have a little thing of drawers to store things in.

No basically the rooms should only hold the cages w/ the animals in them, the medicine with the charts (in the sick room) and like the garbage can.

It's SOOO Stupid. LIke I get it You want to keep the potential of diesese transference down. 

BUT WIPING DOWN THE WALLS?!?!?! Like none of the animlas EVER TOUCH THE WALLS. WE don't even touch the freaking walls beyond like hanging clipboards on hooks!! WHY DO THOSE NEED TO BE CLEANED?!

And like we're not even allowed to have fans in the room to help cool them down. Noooo because they could 'spread disease' which okay fair. But our back rooms are notorious for being difficult to maintain the temperature for. They get too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

And the DM is like "Well if they don't meet temperature perameters you just need to place in a work order and if you place in enough work orders they'll come install a little unit in the room to get it fixed." 

OR YOU KNOW WE COULD JUST SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND HAVE A FREAKING FAN IN THE ROOM. because corporate is NOTOROIUS for taking forever to fix a thing IF they fix a thing so I don't foresee us ever getting 'mini unit's installed in those rooms. Ever.

And ilke this temp DM has to be a bit OCD and/or germaphobic because he was being sooo nitpicky on things. "This isn't clean enough. This doesn't go there. You can't have this, this also isn't clean enough, you need to be giving more of this."

Just. GRRRRR.

It all had me seeing Red because SERIOUSLY our Normal DM NEVER had a problem with ANY of this and it's just like the dude is creating more work to create more work and I HATE HIM for it. Ugh.

So yah. Not fun times there.

At least the dude finished the visit and LEFT before I came in for my shift because I'm not sure I would have been able to play nice if I'd been dealing with him in person. XP ugh.

In any case.

The rest of work had it's usual crazy with the added "I need to drive to the vet to grab some animals from there" stress. 

BUT ALSO

I got to call the Tech Support line AGAIN.

*exhales* this is like what? The 5th time in as many days? At this point I have to be considered some sort of expert because I've had to take apart so many pieces of the registers over the last handful of days to figure out what's going wrong with them. Ugh.

In any case.

Our new Pinpad for Register 4 arrived today!

And since I'm going to be out the rest of the week, Head manager wanted me to try and get it installed before I left as they really want to have 4 ready for black friday in a couple of weeks.

Which because of the network issues we had in getting 4's computer connected to the network, we'd been instructed to call the tech people FIRST so that we could give them the Pinpad's Mac Address so they could connect the new pinpad to the new network and hopefully save us a lot of 'turn it off and on and off and on and off and on" shenigans..

And having never taken apart a pinpad before....it was rather the interesting experience to get the old one off the mount and put the new one on the mount, but I managed it!!

And that should have been it. According to the first tech guy I spoke too it after he connected it on his end, I should have had it installed without issue on my end.

Ha.

Ha. 

HA.

Nope. I mean at least I put it together correctly so it TURNED ON and WORKED. But after starting up register 4 and getting it up and running...the pin pad only showed a "System Info" screen....and nothing else. 

Which meant ANOTHER call to the tech support line.

Where a DIFFERENT dude helped me to connect the pinpad correctly. Which involved a lot of key tapping on his side and me standing around being useless beyond a 'turn it off now on again' procedure.

BUT we got the pinpad working!!

And with that was the final test run of trying to do a transaction on register 4 to see if it would work.

Which the Transaction worked!!

But the receipt....didn't print out. 

Luckily the Tech dude called back as he said he would check back in and see if it was working....and the printig out the receipt issue was another one of those easy to fix problems.

As 1. half of the cables hadn't been plugged in and after plugging them in we neglected to turn the register off and on again. So that helped but 2.

Apparently the same cartridge that does all the things with the checks....also helps to print out the receipts. And register 4 doesn't have that cartridge in it as we don't have another new one yet to replace it.

BUT I pulled out register 3's cartridge and tested it on register 4's reciept printer and IT WORKED!

So yah. We just need to order in a new cartridge and WALLA!!!! Register 4 will be up and running and ready for black friday! Huzzah! 

*fingers crossed* That that' means the end of me having to call the tech support for register related issues.

At least I know I don't have to worry about it for a few days since I won't be at work. but boy am I glad I won't be at work.

The past three days have been sooooo stressful.

I'm ready for a break.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment