Wednesday, February 1, 2023

A Weekend in the Dark

 I knew something was up when I felt more tired than normal Saturday morning. That's usually not a good sign to need a caffeine fix first thing to try and get through the day. 

But I figured it was just tired tired. 

And unfortunately if I get tired tired there's literally a 50/50 chance that taking a nap will give me a headache....or it will help me out.

So when I got home from work, knowing that I wouldn't function well for long without getting some sleep I went and took a nap.

Only to hit the bad side of the coin flip and get a headache.

No big deal. Some pain meds. Some more rest. A shower maybe and all would be fine.

All was not fine.

Because Saturday night I triggered a Nuclear Migraine.

Which sucks because I honestly don't know what caused it. Like was it not the right amount of sleep or some other factor? 

Who knows.

But this stabbing pain in my head like a hot poker being pounded into my skull....Would. Not. Go. Away.

I took like 6 showers/baths over the next 24 hours to try and get the stupid muscles in my neck and shoulder to relax enough to stop sending pain into my skull.

I tried massages.

I spent basically all of Sunday sleeping on and off when I wasn't getting wet in an effort to relax said muscles.

I tried medicines...when I could...because the pain was bad enough that I was feeling nauseous so it made it difficult to want to eat or drink anything and meds on an already upset feeling stomach are a bad idea.

So like.

I just spent all of Saturday night and all of Sunday and into the early hours of Monday basically dying. 

And it's so frustrating. Because the pain was bad enough I couldn't really do much more than lie in the dark curled up with a heatpack and just listen to movies because staring at any screen or having my eyes opened for any amount of time would just cause the headache to spike again.

So yah. I spent the weekend suffering from a headache. And it's taken me a couple of days to just recharge enough to have the energy to do something more than just survive work and come home and rest.

*exhales*

I would say 'hopefully' it doesn't occur again. But it feels like at least every other month I end up with a super bad migraine that just won't quit. Ugh.

Dear self.

Stress myself out less okay. Tense muscles seem to trigger most of my pain.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment