Monday, February 6, 2023

Natural?

I've been asked a lot over the years if I dye my hair.

Mostly because I inherited the gene in my family where my hair greys early. 

Like I found my first grey hair when I was 15. 

And honestly if I'm completely grey by age 40 ....I wouldn't be too surprised.

In any case.

It has been a popular trend for the past little while, for people to dye their hair grey. They spend a lot of money doing it. And a lot of people who discover that my grey highlights are natural get extremely jealous lol. 

Which is crazy since I grew up with my Daddoo constantly dying his hair and the adults around me constantly dying their hair to hide the greys.

Now though? A lot of people love the grey haired look.

So it's not too surprising for me to get asked at least once a week if my hair is natural or if I dye it.

But today I got a different question.

A customer at work asked me if I was wearing a wig.

O_o 

A Wig?

Yes. A wig. Because apparently I look too young to have that much grey hair. So it can't be natural. And instead of going for the typical "did you dye it?" question they intead asked if I was wearing a wig.

Especially because they were impressed with how 'thick my hair is' for it being that grey.

????

Okay???

Idk. Like it's my hair....

But yah no no wig here lol.

Just my natural locks.

*shakes head*

First time I've been asked that.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment