Friday, February 10, 2023

Where's A Spot?

You ever have those moments where you're like "I have made a mistake." In that a decision you made probably wasn't the best thought out decision?

Yah....

Yah.

So in general. I tend to avoid going places on the weekends. 

Because after working a good decade in retail....I am well aware how crazy busy stores can get.

And me? I like to avoid lines where I can. I like to avoid being around crowds when I can.

So I try to usually do my shopping in the middle of the week. Usually in the mornings when I know less people are around.

That also usually goes for food places as well. Though it's also a case of for whatever reason when I do try to get food aka fast food on the weekend....it just usually ends up not tasting good.

The exceptionish to this food thing on weekends....is usually Texas Roadhouse.

In that I can usually order pick up and go grab the food with minimal hassle. 

Of course.

I usually grab food right after my morning shift on a Fri/Sat which is like right before the beginning of the dinner rush. Plus with the place opening earlier on Fri/Sat I'm more likely to be able to order food without having to wait around for a while after work to go get it.

The difference with today though.

Was that I worked a mid.

And said midshift ended at 7pm.

I didn't think it would be that big of a deal though.

Because it's 7pm. The main dinner rush would most likely be over and so I figured it wouldn't be any difficulties in grabbing my food.

Ha.

HA.

I forgot to account for the fact that this particular Roadhouse location is on the same lot as the MALL.

Aka "Crowd Central" on a Friday night.

Plus with like 3 other restaruants in the area.

And with it being a Friday where people are more likely to go out to eat in the later evening after work...

Let's say the parking lot was CROWDED.

Like it's been a long while since I've been in a lot where the cars are circling like sharks on the hunt searching for an empty stall to snag.

It...it wasn't fun.

Like I arrived 5 minutes before my order was supposed to be ready.

I didn't get my order until nearly 15 minutes AFTER it was ready.

because there was literally NO WHERE TO PARK.

Ugh.

And like I'm sure if I'd had a passenger in the car I could have just done a quick park in front of the place, hopped out, grabbed the food, and come back without issue.

But since I was the only one in the car....I highly doubted that would have passed well.

*exhales*

So I ended up circling and circling and glaring at the cars in the lots with their lights on just sitting there idling. 

Until I FINALLY found a spot and was able to grab my food.

Of course the moment I left (and had to meander my way through the chaos) there were immediately 7 open spots available that hadn't been there 30 seconds earlier.

Ugh.

So it goes.

But yah.

Note to self.

Do not try and do pick up in the Mall area on the weekend night. It is NOT a GOOD IDEA.

At least the food was good though.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment