Sunday, February 5, 2023

Checking In

 So, I'm technically cat sitting my Daddoo's kitty.

Like 'technically' because I'm only dropping in a handful of times to check in on him since I live a distance away and I can't bring him to my place because of roomie allergies and I can't stay at my Daddoo's home because I still have to get to work and I'm not making the commute back and forth between happy valley every day because that's crazy.

In any case.

Since I had today off, I ventured back up to Hometown to see the cat and give him some much needed attention and socialization.

Which the kitty really appreciated because he spent a good hour or so curled up in my lap purring happily away while I gave him scritches and pets and such.

And I just....I just feel so bad for him.

Spending time by himself in the house with no one to interact with.

He was so happy to see me.

But also so desperate to have me stay when I needed to leave.

As I had to get back before sunset because it's been storming off and on all day and I did not want to attempt navigating snow and darkness at the same time as that's more stress than I already need.

But even though I spent like a good 5 hours with him.

The poor kitty kept trying to convince me to stay longer.

And I just feel so bad for him.

To know he's by himself until my next day off. *exhales*

Like just the despeartion in his meows, the look in his eyes, his attempts to follow me out the door.

It was soo heartbreaking.

And it's so stressful. Because I want to help the kitty out, but at this point there's not much more I can do. Not without stressing myself out and I already have enough stress on my plate worrying about my siblings, my niblings, my family, my friends, my job, my roomies.

There's just a lot going on.

Doesn't stop me from feeling guilty.

But hopefully the kitty can survive on his own until I can check in on him again.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment