Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Already Arrived

So. This morning I was kinda woken up by one of my fellow managers texting to say that once again, one of our locks on the cat cages...wasn't opening.

Which would be the second lock in a short period of time to just....quit on us. 

And while it's disappointing...I'm not that surprised? Like....I know they're old. I'm not certain that they've been replaced while I've been here. They may have once? But like...if the locks are all at least 5-12 years old... (if they were there before I started) it  wouldn't surprise me that they're beginning to wear out. I mean we open those cages at least twice a day every day. If not more often depending on how many times people want to look at the cats. So those locks do see a lot of wear. 

In any case.

We were already down one cat cage because we couldn't find a way to order the same type of lock to fit our keys from our store supplies. 

But being down 2 cages? 

That's not good. And like, we can't keep cats in those cages if they're not secure. Because anyone could just open them up and take the cats.

So I hoped online to Amazon to look up locks to see if there were any bundle packs of the same lock that would open with the same set of keys.

Which I found! Woot!

So after checking in with the Head Manager and getting permission. I ordered the locks.

And surprisingly, when I checked out...I was told I would get the locks later today. O_o 

Which. So weird.

Like I've had next day shipping before. But I tend to expect things I order to take a couple of days to reach me. 

So to be told that I'd be receiving these locks the same day? So. Strange.

And they actually arrived!!

Lol which meant that I was able to drop the locks by work (and get paid back for buying them) this evening after I had ordered them this morning.

So. Cool!

Lol I'm glad we were able to find a quick fix. Hopefully these new locks last a good long time. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment