Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Goodbye Sun

It's been...kinda a weird month?

Like month and a halfish?

Because usually I work mostly morning shifts. 

One closing shift. The rest are mornings.

But that's changed recently. 

It went from 1 closing and 4 opening to like 2 closings and 3 openings....and now I'm doing like 4 closings/mids and 1 opening shift.

And I know the root cause of this sudden shift.

It's because one of our main closing managers (and my work bestie) quit. 

And despite knowing that they were quiting for months in advance....no moves have been made to replace them yet.

And it's frustrating in multiple ways to have to work so many closing shifts.

Like part of it is just because there's a lot of flux in other areas in the store right now too with multiple workers starting their new semesters in school, others going on vacations, and yet others needing to be out for various sicknesses and surgeries. 

So I have no idea if this is a new permanent thing or if it's just a temporary thing that will change once things 'settle' again.

Honestly, I'm expecting it to be like this until into the New Year if no new managers are hired. *exhales* 

And it sucks major.

Because I do not want my life to be work.

Working 11-7 or 2-10 is not my ideal. It's like...the entire day is taken up with work. You can't do anything before and can't do anything after. (because who wants to get out of the house and do things only to go and do work things after?? Not me.) 

I much preferred having morning shifts that allowed me to do things at night. (not that I did much. I'm an introvert I like staying HOME) 

But there's like....no one else management wise that /can/ work closings? 

Like I have one other manager I've been switching with where one of us is working the mid and the other will close.

But we have FOUR other managers. Why are only TWO of us constantly closing?

Granted 2 of the managers are stocking managers which means they need to be present in the mornings because that's when we work truck.

Head Manager apparently shouldn't be working closings?? Like they're a morning or mid morning manager only because there's supposed to be there for 'most of the day' -plus they also have family obligations and such.

And VP Manager...usually works the mids only. With oneish closing shift a week. Only they've been having multiple health issues over the past little while....it's been hit and miss for how they'll do at work each day.

But like....in a 7 day week...I feel like -negating the 2 stocking managers- that with FOUR other managers in the store we should each be only working like 2 closing shifts in a week. 

I just....*exhales* It's frustrating. I much prefer my morning shifts. There's less stress and less customers. 

Like...granted. The change of pace of working mostly closings hasn't been ...bad... per se. I've enjoyed it to an extent. But it's not something I want to be doing long term. I like temporary changes. But I do not want this to be permenant. 

Yet as it goes....I don't see how it will change. It's probably only gonna get worse with the holidays.

*exhales* 

The joys of being a manager apparently.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment