Tuesday, September 12, 2023

It's Gonna Be Big ... Right?

So. My store is doing something different this weekend.

In like the 11 years I've been at my job....we've never done a Fish Adoption Event. 

But it was a concept brought up...somehow in some way....that our DC fish supplier has fish that are 'oversized' ones that are too big to usually be sent out to stores since not all our fish tanks are the same size. 

But our store has some bigger tanks and room for extra fish.

So we volunteered to receive in the oversized fish. Some Cichlids, Catfish, and Koi that are 'too big.' 

And like it didn't seem like that big of a deal. "Yes, let's get these fish adopted out and find them homes. We'll set up a few tanks and such for them."

But....corporate is making it a big deal.

Lke apparently the entire company is gonna be watching this weekend to see how this "Fish Adoption Event" goes. Because if it goes well then that means that there's potential for other sister stores to partner with this DC and other DCs to hold more fish adoption events for fish that are 'too big.' 

But if it flops....yah I don't want to imagine what happens if it flops. On the good side it will be just a 'oh hum guess we won't do that.' thing. But if it's more.....more? Idk. It's....stressful not knowing how this is going to turn out. 

Like we've been given permission to write off as many tanks and such that we need to make it look good. Make the event a success. There's been adverstising -flyers-, there's been talk of doing ballons and making it all fancy and like....apparently it's going to be featured on our store sites and such? Like the pressure. *exhales* 

I liked this concept more when it was just a lowkey thing. "Hey we're adopting out some fish." but now it's a whole production and I do not want to deal with it....and yet I'm dealing with it.

Lke the set up and such has been fun. The anticipation for seeing these larger fish is huge. 

So I hope it goes well. I hope it's a success and that we'll do these events will become more popular and commonplace.

But we won't know. Not until it happens.

So yah...the stress of this upcoming weekend is something I do not need in my life right now.

And yet here it is.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment