Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A New Home

A little while ago, a customer called our store to see if we would be able to take their Betta fish.

We don't usually do so, unfortunately.
We only accept animals from people if they've been purchased from us within a certain time frame.

However, the customer told quite the sob story about how they were going through hard times and was the only one taking care of the fish and they no longer wanted to, but no one else would and their financial and living situation were shifting and so....the customer just wanted someone to take it so they wouldn't have to flush the fish down the toilet. :S 

So me...being the bleeding heart that I am.

Said that I could take in the betta fish.
I didn't quite have the room for one.
But figured I could probably place it in my 125 gallon tank at least to give him some space.

The catch was, that the customer had to come into the store that day before I was off.
Because if I wasn't there, it was likely that other coworkers would tell the customer that we didn't take fish.

….

The customer never showed up.

I waited all shift for them to appear.

And they didn't.

I never saw them. 

They didn't come in the next day or the next or the next....

So I figured either the customer had found a different solution...or had accidentally gone to the wrong store.

Since people confuse us for our competitor's store all the time. 

So I just...put the matter from my mind.

However.

It turns out the customer did come into the store to give away their betta fish. 

Apparently.
One night while one of my coworkers was closing,
They had left our feeding cart out on the floor to go grab something.

And in like the minute that my coworker was gone. 

Someone had come in and left a half full one gallon tank of dirty water with a betta in it on that cart.

They came in and left.

I don't know if anyone else saw them.

But when my coworker came back, they found the tank....and took the betta in themselves. :D

Now the little guy is happily swimming around a nice 3 gallon tank with a filter and heater and a snail friend to keep him company. 

^^;; It's a relief to hear that he found a good home. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment