Friday, November 30, 2018

There Goes My Social Battery

*groans* 

I really hope it's a typo.
At least, something that isn't permanently set in stone yet.

Because I seriously do not like working evening shifts.

But checking my schedule for the next couple weeks.
I've discovered that in the second week of December I'm scheduled to work mostly evening/closing shifts. 

Cue me gagging. 

I mean for like...the past forever, I've been scheduled MORNING shifts. 
There was a time when I was scheduled to work Saturday evenings for like six months to a year and I HATED IT. 

I am not an evening retail person.

Having to socialize and talk to people for like 8 hours straight is not my jam. At all. 
I'm so exhausted and tired afterwards that I basically go home as a zombie and do nothing the rest of the night because having to be happy peppy talkative cheerful me is draining. 

And here they have me scheduled in a couple weeks to work 4/5 shifts in the evening time.
Meaning that it's basically ALL customer service.

And I'm just....expecting bad things to come.

I mean the department seriously struggled when I wasn't there at all to open!
I don't see how having me working evening shifts is going to help at all in keeping the department running smoothly. *exhales* 

Honestly I can basically picture me having to take up all the opening tasks when I show up for my evening shift anyways because they still won't be done when I get there....so like it will be more stress on me still and gah.

I don't get it.


Okay.

I do get it. 

I mean, I've been at my job for over six years now.
I know things.
I'm the most experienced person IN my department by a long shot.

And we're heading into the busiest time of year.
Christmas shopping time.
Which means more people in the store.
Which means more customers wanting pets.
Which means more people wanting advice on how to take care of said pets.

And why not have me working during the busiest times of the day....so I can be there to give all that information and advice? 
It makes sense to have the most experienced person there when we'll have the most customers.

It's part of the reason why I worked Saturday evening shifts for so long was to help out in that area.

Especially because we have a bunch of newbies in the store who aren't as knowledgeable as I am. 

But still.

I'm going to suffer. *groans* 
I much prefer to have my couple hours of peace and quiet before the store opens. I don't want to have to come into the store and be at 100% the moment I walk through the doors. 
Gah.

I can only hope it's a typo.
Hope that I can talk the managers into not doing this to me.
But knowing that I am the best and knowing how much they'll need my experience.... *exhales* It's going to be a struggle this month. For sure.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment