Saturday, November 17, 2018

Fuzzy Comfort

A couple of days ago,
I told one of my best friends that I really just wanted a warm fuzzy fox stuffed animal to cuddle with.
Because a) I wanted something to squeeze and hold tight but also b) the fox was my Mom's favorite animal and I wanted to feel like I was hugging her in a way.

So she basically then and there got on her laptop, ordered me 'something' and told me it would be here today. 

That something was a super soft blanket with foxes on it.
But also a fox shaped heat pack with lavender within it. 

When I opened the package I mentioned that the heatpack was lavender scented.
And my Daddoo was like "Really?! I love lavender!" 

I ended up heating up the heat pack and handed it to him.
And he totally relaxed, holding the heat pack close, breathing in the scent. 

And after a little bit, he asked if he could borrow it.
And promptly used it as a pillow against his neck as he rested on the couch.
But then later took it with him into the bedroom to lay down with it.

And within minutes Daddoo had totally conked out. 

Which he only ended up with like 45 minutes of rest in there.

But it felt like he'd finally found a way to rest easy.

As I mean...how can you really have restful sleep or get much sleep at all when your one and only love isn't...well there? 

So the fact that the fox heat pack gave him enough peace of mind with that lavender scent to help him basically fall right asleep?

Is so gratifying.
I'm so thankful.

Daddoo is going to borrow it for the night whenever he decides to go try and get some sleep.

And I really hope it helps him to sleep better and more peacefully than he has the first night.
*fingers crossed*

But seriously.
So grateful to my best friend who took the time to send this comfort and to be inspired to get the little heat pack fox that has already helped my Daddoo more than we could have ever expected.

Lol 
The only bittersweet moment of it all is that Daddoo was sleeping in the bedroom and I had the thought "I should text mom and tell her how well Daddoo is sleeping with the lavender heat pack!!" 

….Unfortunately I don't have the heavenly texting plan available to me. 

It's not like she doesn't know though lol. 
Still. I am going to miss texting her like we usually did. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment