Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Back At It

In many ways I've been looking forward to going back to work.
I mean, after like 2 1/2 weeks of being away from my job.
I was looking forward to heading back to a more familiar chaos. A more familiar environment.

Of course.
Work being work.
It's kinda like returning to find the building on fire. lol.

Again. Pretty normal.
I've long learned that the department doesn't function as well while I'm gone.
And since this was an absence that was like 2 weeks longer than planned.
I pretty much left my department rudderless right in the middle of the busy season.

Thanksgiving/Black Friday causes many issues.
The holiday causes shipping of animals to get off schedule.
Plus certain cage cleanings aren't done because we don't work Thanksgiving.
And then you come back to the Chaos that is Black Friday ---which thankfully for my green coworkers, seems to not have been as crazy this year. 

So yah.
I was expecting crazy when I got back.

And basically got it lol.
Needless to say, I feel like my coworkers were doggy paddling to stay afloat until I got back. 
*shakes head*

But I'm grateful for the work.
For the chaos.
For the familiar stress as I try to get used to the 'new normal.' 

It's like putting on a pair of well worn shoes.
Or getting back on the bike.

Of course,
There are those moments where I felt like a newbie again lol. *shakes heads*

I mean, I managed to get bit by a hamster yesterday...which hasn't happened in...well forever. 
And then I flooded the department a little when trying to clean fish tanks that had gone...rather green.

So yah. Felt like the greenie for a moment there.

But getting back to work.
It's been nice.
To have something to do.
To take action.
To help others and just...get my mind off things.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment