Monday, September 27, 2010

Ages Come and Pass

ha. Ha. HA!!

It has come!
That time of year again!
For things that have come in the past
And will come in the future.
But right now reside in the present!
Shall be read again!!!

^^
I have started to reread my favorite series. :D

A grand 13 + prequel books long.
With the 14th to come out in November. (and the last book :( to come out next November -2011-)

It is time.

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time to be exact.

And what is a blog post talking about the WoT without its famous beginning?

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose........... The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

lol. Awesome words those.

(and yes I have that part memorized. Though I did grab a book to make sure all the punctuation was complete. Its hard not to memorize it when you read it in every book.)

The Wheel of Time.
It is a favorite series of mine, which is why I constantly reread each book when the next one comes out. So I can keep track of all the different threads being spun.

Most people I talk to aren't as crazy for this series as I am.
In fact most of them had a hard time getting through the heavy use of description that is part of RJ's style. Or else the plot got so long....and kind of dull for them that they stopped halfway through.

Not so for me. :)
If I love a series I constantly reread them. :)

lol I think this is one of many ways that my brain works differently.
Perhaps I feel a connection to the WoT
Its a great series in my opinion.
Giving great advice even while it thrills.
(though perhaps the thrills don't come as often as wanted...but the intrigue...the mysteries....ooo its exciting!!)

The one problem with the WoT
Besides its size (almost every book is over 500 pages long)
Is trying to tell people about it.

What is the Wheel of Time about?
Well to condense it into a single sentence.
Its about "good fighting evil."
Typical storyline.

Otherwise its hard to say. It has magic, it has battles, it has romance, it has adventure. It has the 'poor, rising up to be great' plot line  Its all things and none it seems like. lol.
But it is descriptive. which is why its hard to be a book for everybody.

Yet, its an awesome series
Even if its indescribable.
There are so many different character arcs.
At least 20, but perhaps twice as many, or even triple as many.

And I get to read it again!
*squeal!*
I can't wait for the newest edition lol :)

But for now I will content myself with reading the Prequel: New Spring. ^^;;
(i suggest if you're reading the series for the first time to not read the prequel, start with book one "The Eye of the World" )

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the Day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment