Friday, February 26, 2021

Lost and Found

I found a wallet in the store today.

Just laying there. In the middle of the aisle. 

My guess is that it probably fell out of the customer's pocket when they bent down or crouched or something.

But with no one around....I was like "whelp, go better put this in the office."

When I had a lightbulb moment.

Like hey. I have a phone on me that connects to our intercom system. What if I just look in the wallet to find the person's I.D. and then call them to the front?

It's brilliant!

lol and that's exactly what I did. I got on the phone and called the person to come up to register one.

Unfortunately....No one came.

Which wasn't that surprising. Like they could have left the store.
Or you know...ignored the overhead announcement.
As no one really ever listens to those anyways.

So I had to track the customer down the old fashion way.
Hunt through the aisles for someone who looked similar to the picture on their i.d. and then ask them if their name was "name." 

Thankfully, I was able to find the customer as they hadn't left the store yet and we were able to return their wallet to them.

So yay! Success!!

Though part of me still wishes that my original idea of using the intercom worked lol.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment