Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Lone Truck

 So there we were. 

Done early for the night.

For once. 

Me and my coworkers were heading out to our cars, calling it a night. Ready to go home. 

And as we all got into our vehicles.

This white pick up truck with a blue triangle emblem on the side pulls up.

It parks diagonally in our curbside pick up slots. Turns off its lights.

And just sits there. 

The driver makes no effort to leave the truck. It's unknown if there's anyone inside with them.

And like...it's not unusual to occasionally have a car pull into the lot because they thought we were still open.

But this person didn't leave their truck.

I drove away along with my coworkers...but it didn't like leaving that truck alone in the lot.

So I circled around the block. 

The truck was still there as I passed.

I parked in a parking lot nearby where I could see the truck, but not be obvious about it.

No one moved. No one got out of the truck. It just sat there.

Twenty minutes. Nothing.

So after updating my Head Manager, and getting a quick picture of the vehicle just in case....I called it a night and headed home.

After all, we did set the alarm for the building before we left. So if anyone tries to break in and doesn't turn off the alarm in a set time frame...the police would be right there. 

And since I received no texts from the alarm company or my head manager about a break in...

My guess is the person in the car was just stopping by for a break.

Still. The timing was really weird....so very weird.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment