Saturday, February 13, 2021

Some New Fish

 So last night we got in our fish shipment.

But because of how busy we were and the fact that I needed to leave as soon as the fish were in their tanks...I didn't get a real good look at them.

But today I had plenty of time to do so. As the snow storm had actually encouraged less traffic in our stores rather than more. 

Which pros and cons to that as I did end up spending most of my shift trying to find things to do to keep me distracted and whittle away the time. 

And for the past...I don't know? Month or so? My Daddoo has asked to keep me updated on what sort of Oranda Goldfish we got into the store as he was looking to add some 'unique' ones into his tank.

Aka anything that wasn't plain orange lol. 

Unfortunately, it ended up being a 'shortage' time with the goldfish as we went a good month or so without getting any orandas in...or if we did get them in...they were plain orange. 

However.

Yesterday we'd gotten in a bunch of orandas in. Ones that actually had some different patterns to them. 

The problem?

It was snowing/raining quite hard throughout the day.

And I had no desire to have my dad risk himself driving down to my work to grab fish. As there are some rather...tricky parts of the freeway between him and me that are well known to have issues especially in snowy weather.

Which...I could have just kept quiet. Not told him that we actually got some orandas in this week since every other Friday we hadn't.

Yet at the same time, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

So.

I ended up texting him some pictures of the fish. Telling him that I would buy the ones he wanted and place them in my tank at home until the weather got better and he could come down and grab them. 

He was game and after a bit of back and forth he ended up picking out five goldfish that he wanted me to get for him.

I ended up pulling them out of the tank -didn't want other customers to buy them- and placed them in the back where I would be able to keep an eye on them and make sure that they were doing okay.

And since I was already buying fish... ^^;; I ended up getting a few fish of my own. One of them was a burntorange colored crowntail betta, another was an oranda goldfish of my own that I liked the shade of orange on, and then I got some dwarf gouramis and danios of various colors. 

So yah. ^^;; Quite the haul I took home tonight lol. Hopefully I didn't over strain my tank. :S But since the goldfish shouldn't be in there for too long it should be okay overall. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment