Saturday, February 27, 2021

From the Past

 So it was back in the early days of the pandemic. 

I'm guessing around April or Mayish? Who knows. 

But early days of the pandemic.

When I helped a customer in the store. Who was looking to start up a fish tank and needed to know 'all the things" in order to take good care of their fish. 

Which really, I don't mind telling customers 'all the things' lol though I know that most of them can't handle that much infodumping at once. But I do what I can to set up the customers up for success....and it's up to them on whether or not they decide to heed my advice.

And this particular customer halfway did? I think? If I remember right.

I remember them being rather excited about getting fish. And I think they might have added a bit too many at once....though I'm not certain on that. I remember mostly hearing from my coworkers that this customer had come into the store again to get more fish.

But I can't remember the exact timeline of it. Though I feel like it was every third day or so.

In any case.

The customer really got into their fish tank. Wanting it to look cool and make the fish happy and have all the 'cool' ones and such.

And then....after like maybe a month of this? Ish? idk.

The customer just kinda...vanished.

As many are libel to do. As once a tank settles it's pretty easy to maintain it after that point.

But today...like 8-10 months later.

The customer came into the store again. 

And truthfully, i didn't recognize them as they'd changed their hair and such and it wasn't until they gave me contextual clues that i was able to piece together how this customer seemed familiar and why I would have interacted with them in the store.

lol. They specifically came up to me today to thank me for getting them into their new obsession.

Which is fun. To bring joy to people and help them find a new hobby/project/petowningexperience that they enjoy. 

Lol and the customer was like "Because of you, I've spent like an extra $300 on my tank/fish!"

^^;; Heh. Yah....it's kinda hard to stop once you start.

But I'm glad that around a year later they're still finding joy in their tank. ^^;; That's a great thing to hear.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment