Monday, March 1, 2021

The Sleeping Curse

So I have this...apparent curse.

Where I could be left totally undisturbed all day long.

Yet the moment I decide I want to take a nap and lay down for a while.

That's when everyone and their mom suddenly decides that NOW is the time they need to talk to me.

*exhales*

It makes it really hard to rest when that happens. 

Because hearing my phone tenses me up. Makes me wonder what's wrong now? And I can't relax until I check my phone...and if the texts persist...it's just a lost cause at that point. Might as well shut off my alarm and stay awake. 

Really. I may just forgo taking a 'timed' nap and just leave my phone in a different room and just sleep until I wake back up again.

Because it feels like I won't get any rest otherwise. 

Today was worse than normal too.

Like...I've been up since 4:30 this morning as I had an early morning shift at work.

And by the time I got home from work.

I was tired.

To the point where I could sense that a headache was going to occur if I didn't lay down and rest.

So I set my alarm.

Half an hour. I figured I'd be okay if I could just rest my eyes for half an hour.

But nooo.

Lke five minutes into my nap. My phone goes off. 

It wasn't a text message surprisingly, but instead a notification from one of the games I play. XP bleh.

Seriously. There was no need for my phone to decide it needed to send me a pointless notification. But send it it did.

I close my eyes again to rest.

And what do you know?

Five minutes later the doorbell rings.

*exhales* Not my phone. but still someone was at the door.

And I got up. Why? Because I was hoping it was a package I've been expecting on the otherside of that door. 

It wasn't. It was some stranger holding papers and looking halfway official.....and like someone I definitely didn't want to interact with.

So I didn't. Just watched them leave through the peep hole.

Another false alarm. But I still had like another twenty minutes I could nap in. That was fine.

It wasn't.

Because of course that's when my managers decided that they just had to text me a question which meant that this would be a slight conversation which meant bye bye sleep.

And hello headache. XP 

Gah.

Honestly.

If it didn't give me such anxiety to leave my phone in a different room because what if something important happens and I need to be notified--

I would be doing just that the next time I try and take a nap.

Leave my phone elsewhere and just rest in peace far far away from any potential interruptions.

Because headaches may just be a worse consequence than leaving my phone elsewhere for twenty minutes or so.

*exhales*

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment