Thursday, March 18, 2021

ID Please

 So I dropped by Lowe's today after work to grab some giftcards to use as birthday presents as the particular kind I needed I've only ever been able to find there. 

And I didn't think much of my purchase when I went up to the register to check out.

But like....I'm guessing that the store has had an uptick in...credit card thefts? Or scams or something?

Because the cashier asked if I was paying with a card and when I confirmed that I was said that I needed to show them an I.D. where my name matched the name on the card.

Like. Huh. 

I suppose it's probably suspect to have a young person come into the store and buy $$ worth of giftcards with a credit card.
Working retail myself I can see how that would be suspect as it would be a simple thing to make the money on the 'card' disappear by switching it over to various gift cards.

Not what I was doing by any means lol. It was easy enough to pull out my driver's license and show it and the card I was going to use to the cashier so they could confirm that I indeed owned the card I was using and that I was intentionally buying gift cards. 

They never did ask why I was buying them. 

Which I suppose would be considered prying or something.

But yah.

Definitely a different experience lol. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment