Monday, March 22, 2021

One on One

 So part of being a manager is doing like...managerial duties. Aka. Holding meetings and such.

Which bleh. Meetings. I've never liked them and never will.

And apparently part of my managerial duties...is to hold one on one meetings every month with the members of my team -aka the workers in my department- to basically check in with them and see how they're doing, what goals they want to work on, plans for the future, how they want to improve, what they think they're doing great at, etc. 

Basically...it's a wellness check from what I can tell.

And like...I can see the worth of said checks. Just to be able to give little corrections or to see how your employees are doing and if there's anything that can be done to help them want to stay at their job. 

At the same time.

Every month? 

Like Do you know how many duties I need to juggle already while being short staffed and dealing with a ton of customers during a pandemic? 

Like...I don't need this sort of pressure on me to try and find the time to check in with everyone every month. Gah.

*exhales*

Like I could see it being quarterly or something.

But every month?

Boooooo.

I mean, I held my very first 1 on 1 meeting with one of my coworkers today and it went well enough and we had a great ten minute chat and such. 

So it's not all bad.

And it's not like I have to do this for fifty people every month. Like it's under ten. I can check in on ten people and call it good. 

It's just...bleh.

I feel like corporate just likes to give us more and more work...and less and less time to do all the work in. XP 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment