Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Spider Adventure

 So it's finally that time of year...where the spiders come out.

As there's always a time of year where at least once a year a spider suddenly appears on the couch I'm sitting on and scares me half to death. *shakes head*

I probably should have been expecting it. 

As it's officially spring now. And we've been having warmer weather this past week.

But yesterday.

It snowed again. The weather turned cold and wet.

So of course any spiders that had woken up from hibernation or whatever they do during the winter would want to take shelter. 

I ended up finding 3 spiders in the house. *shakes head*

Only one startled me on the couch though. 

It appeared out of the blue right in front of me which made scrambling under the couch without getting closer to the spider rather difficult. 

But we obviously startled each other as the spider disappeared underneath the seat cushion.

So yah. Totally needed to burn the couch to ashes. ;) lol

But no. I just moved to the other couch. As there was no way I was going to try and capture a spider somewhere in the cushions when I had no idea where exactly it was lurking.

But after like...I don't know...half an hour or so? Of hanging out on the other couch. 

I look up and see that the spider has made it's reappearance. 

And was just chilling on the cushion next to the pillow I'd been using before said spider startled me.

And I was like "I should catch you" but then I was like "Nah" and just let the spider hang out with me.

It wasn't moving.

I wasn't moving. 

And then my roommate came upstairs.

I was half distracted at the time when they came up.

And I didn't realize they'd sat down on the couch the spider was on....until like maybe 5-10 minutes into our conversation.

Surprisingly....the spider was still in it's same spot.

It hadn't moved.

And my roommate hadn't noticed it.

Probably because it was partially hidden by the pillow...and also nearly the same color as the couch.

So like...as long as the spider didn't move....my roommate probably wasn't going to see it.

But oh. I kept expecting her to. 

Like...there she was sitting on the couch drinking her drink and chatting with me and the spider is like...six inches away from her leg. And she hasn't seen it.

I could only image her actually seeing the spider, spilling her drink because it would surprise her, and then she would squish the spider. 

All because I chose to not capture the spider and toss it outside when I got the chance.

So yah. It was difficult to try and hold a normal conversation when I was waiting for my roommate to notice what was sitting next to her.

But amazingly enough.

She never noticed said spider.

Once she finished her drink, I got up to get my own drink and she followed me into the kitchen -and the spider still didn't move when she got off the couch- and we continued our conversation there before she headed back to her room.

And I...as soon as she was out of sight. Took the opportunity to grab a jar and capture the spider and toss it outside.

No need to tempt fate again lol. 

But yah. Ended up capturing another 2 spiders as well and tossing them outside.

All without neither one of my roomies being the wiser.

So yay me. ^^;

Hopefully the spiders are okay outside...and haven't found their way back inside already. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment