Friday, March 19, 2021

Another Visit

So it's been a slightly stressful week for the store.

Which is unsurprising because the store usually gets stressed out whenever we get word that our District Manager is coming into town.

And I suppose it's a bit more stressful for us because we've yet to meet this district manager. They're a temporary one for us. Until a 'new' official district manager can be appointed. 

I feel like we've been waiting for a 'new' district manager for like...ever now. Though of course with the pandemic time moves rather weird anyways. As I remember being told that the temporary DM would be in place for like 4 months....so maybe there's still another couple of months of the DM being our DM until the new DM is found and trained? I think I heard we'd gotten a new one...

But honestly I don't know.

In any case. This is the second time our temporary DM has flown out to see the stores in our state. However, last time, due to an unfortunate break in of the DM's rental car....they never had the opportunity to see our store.

So I suppose there was slight more pressure for us to look good this time around because this was the first time the DM would be seeing our store. 

And it's been hard because we just went through an Inventory count and our replenishment shipments have been huge making it difficult to stocking done in a timely manner. 

Not that it looks like we've been stocking at all because of how fast product is flying off the shelf quite quickly. *exhales* 

And like typical DM visits....

I honestly don't understand why we stress out every time.

I haven't had a chance to actually find out what all the DM said during their visit here. But my Head Manager said that overall they were impressed with the store. 

And the DM seemed to be happy with how my department was looking overall. So that's a bonus lol. ^^;; I'm sure there's some notes about little things we can improve on. 

But like...I suppose part of the reason why my department looked good was because we were putting out our fish shipment into the tanks when the DM walked by. So most of them had a bunch of fish bags inside which did wonders to hide any potential flaws in the tanks.

Namely algae -which my associates did a good job of making sure there wasn't.

But also pest snails. Which my store has been struggling off and on with. Thankfully they weren't as noticeable when the DM walked by. ^^;; lol though I was thinking "Don't look too close don't look too close" 

^^;; Heh. There's always room for improvement. But like...with our fish system going down earlier this week....it is amazing that the tanks looked as good as they did. 

But yah.

Overall the visit went well. So that's one less stress on our shoulders...until you know...the next DM visit. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment