Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Too Much Sugar

 So there I was, outside getting carts at work, when I saw a guy walking into our vet office with a box of Crumbl Cookies.

And I was like "Ah. Jealous. The Vet just had cookies delivered to them." over the radio.

And my coworkers were like !!!!!! "those sound really good!"

So my other manager was like "I'm gonna go get us some!" 

lol so on their lunch break they went and grabbed us some Crumbl Cookies to try.

As Crumbl is popular because of their unique...business set up.

In which they only sell 6 types of cookies a week. 2 of them are constant flavors. Chocolate Chip or Sugar Cookie with pink frosting.

The other 4 flavors of cookies though? They switch every week. So you can only get the flavor for a week. And then it's months before that flavor comes back.

This week their 4 flavors were :Chocolate Cupcake, Birthday Cake on Oreo, Reeses Pieces, and a Lemon flavored one.

So my manager went with all four to have everyone try them.

Which meant that we ended up cutting the cookies into quarters so everyone could try a piece.

I ended up only trying the Chocolate Cupcake and the Birthday Cake Oreo.

The chocolate was okay. Nothing to write home about.

But the Birthday Cake Oreo?

Yeesh. 

My mouth is still twisting inside itself at the mere thought of that sugar overload.

Because that cookie was PURE SUGAR.

Like one bite of a quarter of the cookie was more than enough to handle.

It was like "instant cavity" heavy on the sugar. 

So. Much. Sweetness.

And it took me like three or four bites to finish that quarter of a cookie -as they are large cookies- 

And by the fourth bite I was regretting life because so. much. sugar.

I had to immediately go rinse my mouth out with water to try and get the taste out of my mouth because it was sooo sweet. So sweet.

Like "I need a salad to cleanse my palate" sort of too sweet.

*shudders*

Yah. Definitely never getting that particular cookie again.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment