Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A Meeting

 It's been a long day.

Mostly because I worked a closing shift last night, then a morning shift this morning -and did not sleep well btw- and then went straight into social interaction right after work.

So yah.

I'm exhausted. And drained. So much peopling. Too much peopling. 

Especially when customers have been rather...needy...today and yesterday. Like...I have no idea what's in the air but I don't like that it's here.

In any case.

Today was a bit of a momentous occasion.

In that I was finally able to meet my Daddoo's fiance today. 

Since she lives out of state, I haven't been able to meet her before now.

But she's in town for the week to meet the family and such.

And to keep her from getting overwhelmed, she and Daddoo are meeting up with each of us kids on a 'one on one' basis. So we're basically taking turns having dinner with them throughout the week and then this weekend we'll have a big family dinner with everyone together.

Lol and funnily enough, things have worked out that she's meeting us kids in our birth order. So me first, and then my siblings after. 

And overall. I think the meeting went well.

Like. I was tired and such. But I was left with a good impression of her. 

Though I couldn't help but compare her to Mother Dearest.

I mean, who wouldn't?. But it's interesting to see in what ways she's similar to my Mom...and how she's quite different. 

Overall she's more different than similar.

But it was rather jarring to have her react to things in a similar way that mom would lol. Like when Daddoo mentioned that he used to have scorpions and spiders and cockroaches as pets.

lol her reaction was exactly the same as Mother Dearests.

Aka. She did not like hearing that. XD lol. No to the bugs. 

But yah.

I like her. 

I can't help but think though...about the future.

Like it's weird to think that whenever I actually do get married and have kids...that my kids will never know Mother Dearest as their Grandma. No, they'll know a completely different woman. Woh I can forsee will do her best to spoil them rotten and such.

But at the same time. It makes me miss my Mom even more. 

I want her to be the one holding my kids. Spoiling them. Sharing special monumental moments. 

It's a bittersweet feeling.

Like I'm glad that they'll be able to have two grandparents on my side to talk to.

It's just weird to think that they'll never really know my Mom as a Grandma. 

*exhales*

So yah...still processing my feelings about that, though honestly since I have no boyfriend at the moment it's a far off concept lol.

But I am glad to see Daddoo so happy. To see him being more like himself and being attentive to his fiancee. 

I think she'll be good for him. Help him be better and such.

It's just...gonna take some time to get used to the new dynamic. To get used to having a different person participating in our lives and family events and such. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment