Thursday, April 15, 2021

A Phone Call

So there have been multiple occasions where people mishear my name when I answer the phone at work.

Like some of them are understandable. They sound somewhat similar. 

Clara. Laura.

Both end on that "Ah." sound.

But then there's other names like "Chris." or "Rachel." That I get on occasion that...sound nothing like my name. 

And I have no idea how they misheard it. 

In any case.

I had a person call the store today. Who thought my name was Clara when I said my name.

And they were a...reporter? From one of our local news stations. 

Why were they calling our store? A pet store?

Because they wanted to see if we were still selling 'aquatic species' aka Fish at our location.

As apparently word had finally reached them that our sister store had stopped all fish sales for the time being. 

And the person was just checking around to see if any other locations had been affected too while they waited to hear an official statement from corporate.

Which I had heard that a couple other stores in the state were also temporarily not selling fish but I had no idea which locations those ones were.

Though I was well aware that our sister store had stopped selling fish because customers have been flocking to our store saying that they weren't selling them. 

Our store hasn't been affected though by things.

At least not yet. *fingers crossed* That it stays that way. 

But yah. Fun times. It's the first time I've actually had someone from the news contact us with a possibly pet related thing. 

Still kinda funny they didn't hear my name correctly lol. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarinc Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment