Tuesday, April 27, 2021

A Sudden Emergency

It's never fun when 'emergencies' pop up while you're at work. 

Like definitely do not approve of the sudden stress increase at all.

And unfortunately...one of my coworkers had this experience tonight.

As they had just returned from their lunch break--where I'm assuming they'd just gone home to eat there and then come back. 

When I got a call from their family.

Stating that they needed to talk to the coworker because a couple of birds that they'd bought earlier today from work....were now injured and bleeding.

:S Not a good thing to hear that your brand new pets are injured. 

Especially when the family member was freaking out...which I'm sure was causing my coworker to freak out.

Because they work at a pet store. How could they be working at a pet store and then have injured pets?! 

So yah. Freaking out a bit. Especially because they still had like two hours in their shift before they were off.

Two hours is a long time when you have an injured pet that's bleeding...because one of the parakeets had torn a talon off its foot...

While the second one was injured in some way as well...though I never was told how exactly that one was injured.

In any case. I could tell my coworker was worrying over the state of their birds and probably on their family member too and such.

And since we were rather slow tonight...as Tuesdays are usually slow and I had the coverage as this coworker is still in training and therefore being shown the ropes around the store...

I gave my okay for them to rush home as they lived nearby to go take care of their bird before coming back.

Work went fine while they were gone.

And the coworker returned back still rather stressed out and shaken, but very grateful that they were able to go see the situation for themselves and get things under control.

Hopefully their birds are alright. 

But yah. I'm glad I was able to help them. If only by letting them go home to see what was going on themselves. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment