Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Formatting Issue

 I don't know what I ended up doing yesterday.

As I assume I had to have done something yesterday even if I was only in my Google Drive for like...maybe 15 minutes yesterday looking at some of my writing.

But something happened.

Because when I opened up my Docs today to work on a writing project...

Everything was all screwy. 

Something in the formatting had gone wrong.

Like the page looked like it had been zoomed in as a third of the words in the page weren't visible. They'd vanished off the side. 

All the tabs I'd done to differentiate different paragraphs were also gone. The spacing was off.

And like...typing was weird. Because the cursor thing. The blinkly line? Yah. That wouldn't move. The words would appear as I typed, but the cursor stayed at the far left side of the page.

And if I tried to highlight anything....none of the words would highlight. Instead little blue boxes on the left side where it was still white would highlight....but nothing would show. 

Copy and Paste wouldn't work.

Originally I thought it was just the one document, but opening a couple of others showed that the formatting issue crossed over to other documents as well. 

*exhales*

Like I said. I don't know what I did. If like I accidentally pressed down a couple of keys or something when setting down my laptop or what.

But it made it so that I couldn't type at all or work with the document.

And like it wasn't a simple thing of just resetting my computer.

Tried that. Like four times. Didn't work.

No....my roommate came upon the solution where I had to go into the settings and reset everything.

Thankfully. It worked.

Because I don't know what I would have done if this continued to be an issue. *shakes head*

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment