Thursday, April 8, 2021

Surprise Visit

 So there we were. Doing our normal morning tasks at work.

I had the vague notion of doing all the opening stuff and then working on ensuring that the department looked good for the new DM's visit tomorrow.

And then.

We got the call.

The Head Manager called saying that instead of coming tomorrow...the temporary DM and the new DM would be coming today. In about half an hour. 

Gah.

Talk about panic.

Like who in the world does that?! Say they're coming one day and then abruptly change plans to come a day earlier?!

Apparently our new DM XP bleh.

And it could be that they realized they wouldn't have time to visit us tomorrow before having to catch a flight out of the state....

But apparently last visit one of the other managers made the comment that they hadn't done some of their morning tasks because they were busy 'getting the store ready.'

And so maybe they decided to move up their visit to get a better chance at seeing our store in more 'normal circumstances.'

*exhales*

It's a strong possibility, especially since both DMs kept commenting on how nice and good the store looked.

Like we do take the time every night to work on recovery and face and such so that overall the product looks nice in the morning and makes less work for the morning crew.

But still.

It was rather stressful. To do quick checks to make sure everything was in order before they showed up.

Thankfully...I tend to keep my department to standards. So I wasn't too concerned about how my part of the visit would go once I made sure all the 'little' things hadn't been missed. 

At the same time....it was kinda irritating because I could have had it looking nicer for the visit if they'd come on their expected day. *exhales*

Still. Overall it passed standards.

And I managed to give the DM a good impression.

As they were rather impressed with my knowledge and such with the department as the DM quizzed me on a couple of aspects of what is needed to meet standards in certain cages and how charts should be filled out in our sick rooms and such.

They were impressed enough to ask if I would be willing to assist them if they were to have monthly meetings with other managers of my same position so I could teach them and such. 

:S Hopefully that doesn't ever actually come to pass.

And it's kinda...intimidating to have the DM be impressed enough with you that they want you to help them out with other stores and other managers. Like. Yikes.

I like being more of a behind the scenes sort of person. 

Where I'm not noticed.

Less pressure that way.

But I fear that I won't be able to hide in the shadows much with this DM....

Probably not a bad thing.

But I don't know if it's a good thing either.

Sounds like just more stress coming my way actually lol. *shakes head*

In any case.

Overall our visit went really well considering the suddenness of it. We were able to give off a good impression and have our store looking nice and such.

So yay that. ^^;;

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment