Friday, April 9, 2021

Dust Dust Dust

 So one of the comments that the DM made when they visited yesterday...was that the area behind our fish wall was rather....dirty.

They specifically pointed out all the gunk built up underneath the sink and how much dust was covering the pipes and such of the system running the entire fish wall.

And they asked when would we be able to...well get it clean again.

And me, being my 'people pleaser self' said that we'd be able to work on it tomorrow (aka today).

I didn't just say that to make the DM happy.

As I knew that today we would have a bit more time on our hands to do so.

As who knew when the fish shipment would be coming in, and I figured it would be small regardless.

And we don't have to do bedding changes on Friday either.

And since there was no longer a need to prepare for the visit since the DM showed up yesterday instead of today....

I was technically an extra body. As my head manager had scheduled me in this morning to basically cover the store while Head Manager took the DMs around to show them everything and such. 

Since that visit happened yesterday...I didn't really have a designated 'place'  to be beyond 'extra manager.'

So I knew that -with the Head Manager's go ahead- I would be able to focus on making the area behind our fish wall look much cleaner. 

As we already had a cashier. And we already had a petcare person.

So I could just focus on cleaning.

*shakes head* 

lol Clean I did.

I spent 3 hours behind the fishwall hosing down corners and scrapping up years of grime and wiping away years of dust and mopping and sweeping until the floors basically shown and the dusty fish system was much cleaner.

lol. 

It was hard work. And my shoulders are already decrying foul over it. So hopefully I can get them relaxed enough to not be unable to move tomorrow. 

And as a bonus my head manager got me lunch for working so hard to make it look nice! Woot!! ^^;; lol. 

Plus. I sent some pictures to the DM, just to prove that I kept my word that we'd get it done and they were rather impressed with what me 'and my team.'

Lol no need to tell them I did it by myself. 

But it's good to know they appreciated the hard work.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment