Tuesday, April 13, 2021

It's Fixed! ...Right?

 *Exhales*

Don't you hate it when you think you fixed something ... and then it turns out you didn't?

Yah. That was tonight.

A sensor has been...wonky since we had some maintenance people in the other day to fix a different unrelated issue.

Said sensor issue has made it difficult to properly use our security system. Which means we've been having to call the company on a daily basis in order to make sure everything is secure. 

But today, they finally sent out a guy to fix the sensor.

It was a simple thing. It had apparently gotten dislodged/disconnected and just needed to be reattached to it's location.

It was annoying though because like...the alarm kept going off everytime the dude messed with the sensor. And I was trying to keep the area clear -as it wasn't in an easy to reach spot- but I had to keep going to unset the alarm....only to have it go off again thirty seconds later....

So annoying.

To the point where we called the company to have them temporarily silence the alarm so it would stop going off.

Key word there was temporarily. Like no longer than maybe an hour so the dude could work without getting interrupted.

And it all seemed to have gone off well.

We were able to get the sensor working. At least...it appeared so as it was reacting how it was supposed to be reacting when we tested it.

Problem solved!

Only...

When I went to actually set up everything later tonight so that the building would be secure again...

It wouldn't let me do so. 

Gah.

No, it indicated that there was an issue in the same area still. 

*exhales*

And like....I can only hope that it was because of the silencing we'd done earlier. That it just needed more time to reset or something and maybe the person did the wrong amount of time to silence it....

But it was soooo frustrating.

Because I had to call again last night to make sure our building was properly secure.

And was put on hold for a grand total of 20 minutes.

Because the first time the person picking up couldn't hear me and hung up on me.

And then the second time that same person picked up long enough to hear where I was calling from and then put me on hold again to transfer me -which I hadn't had that issue before- to another person so I could explain the situation and such.

So. Frustrating.

Especially after we'd thought we'd fixed the problem. XP 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment