Monday, July 5, 2021

Boom Boom Bang!

It's no secret that I love fireworks.

It has to be one of my favorite aspects of having my Birthday the day after the 4th of July because that means I get to enjoy all the colored explosions in the sky!

It was a bit of a bittersweet moment though this year with fireworks.

Because my state is under extreme drought conditions currently. And there's been all this "Don't set off fireworks!" talk all over the place.

But like.

I wanted to do fireworks for my bithrday.

As I had to miss my favorite golf course fireworks above my Dad's house for the second year in a row because a) last year was the pandemic and everything was cancelled and b) this year they held the fireworks on the same day as the family reunion I was attending and there was no way I would be driving up and down from the reunion on the same day to try and see said fireworks because I did the up and down day trip last year and that was NOT fun. Major migraine. So No.

So instead. I asked that we continue the tradition we started last year of going over to my Sister's House and having KFC (as we always have KFC with the golf course fireworks) and then head down to the Marina to set off the fireworks over the lake as Sister Dearest lives a hop skip and a jump away from the lake. 

It helped my nerves a bit about setting off fireworks because I'd seen so many people setting them off across the valley last night.

And could see other people setting them off again tonight. 

So it was less of a worry that we'd get people coming over to glare at us for 'putting them in danger' if something went wrong.

Like. Hard for things to go wrong when my Brother and Brother-In-Law took the fireworks out onto the big rock pier far away from the grassy land. 

Plus we checked the maps and our chosen shoot off spot was in the "Green" for being okay to light off fireworks.

Still.

Our display was a little smaller this year. Each of us only gathering like around 6-8 aerials to shoot off each. 

-those things are PRICEY.

lol and it was a bit...:S :S :S because for whatever reason the bugs were out in FORCE tonight. 

Thankfully My roomie Ash -who joined in with me and my siblings and their spouses- had the foresight to bring a little citranilla torch thingy that we could light to drive all the bugs away so us girls could enjoy the fireworks from the sky while the boys set them off on the rock pier. 

It was an amazing night and I really enjoyed seeing the fireworks. Spending time with my siblings.

It was great.

A great way to spend a birthday.

;) Plus we didn't light the mountain on fire so woot! XD lol. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment