Sunday, July 4, 2021

Returning Home

 So before I drove up to my Mom's Family Reunion, I ended up having to drop by my Grandma Dirchi's home (Dad's Mom) to switch out cars.

Because there was no way I was taking my old car into a different state. It's a good little commuter car. The best city car there is. But it's rather gutless on the hills...and has it's...well...quirks.

In any case. I got permission from my Dad to borrow his nicer newer car to take up to the Family Reunion. -Yay for speed! And being able to accelerate on all those hills lol- 

But there was a slight complication in that he'd decided to leave that particular car with my Grandma (his Mom) while he was out of town as she had this nice empty garage for him to store the car in.

But that meant that I would need to drop by Grandma's twice. To a) pick up the car and drop off mine and then b) drop off the car and pick up mine. 

And while I was visiting with Grandma before heading North, she mentioned that she was going to hold a little CheeseCake and Ice Cream party on Sunday evening. 

Kinda an unofficial birthday party for me, but also an official family gathering as some of my cousins and Aunts/Uncles on my Dad's side would also be in attendance as one of my Uncles from out of state was also in town this weekend. Which I haven't seen this particular Uncle in a while. So it was good to visit with him lol.

But it meant that I couldn't stay up North for too long if I wanted to make it back down to Hometown in time to get cake and ice cream.

Still.

I made it down to Hometown just fine.

And got to see my siblings and extended family for a couple of hours and enjoy some nice cool ice cream (as I don't like cheesecake) before switching out the cars and finally making it back home.

It was fun.

I kinda miss all the family gatherings we used to do when I was a kid.

We got together much more often with my Dad's side when all of kids were younger and our cousins were younger.

But with growing up and getting married and such.....the family gatherings got less and less common.

So I don't see my cousins on either side of my family all that often. Like maybe once a year if I'm lucky.

So it was nice. Nice that I was able to see some of the extended family on both sides of my family this weekend. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment