Saturday, July 10, 2021

Rearranging

 You could say that I'm a creature of habit.

Where I like things to go a certain way and if they don't go a certain way and I'm not expecting a change...it can stress me out. 

So like...usually if I set things up a certain way...I'm not likely to change them if they end up working well.

And because I like having things 'stay the same'

....It kinda confuses me when I interact with people who are constantly changing.

I don't quite understand their need to constantly reorganize and move things around.

And I've had two roommates like that now.

Who love to reorganize and keep switching things up in their bedrooms.

One of my current roomies does this.

Where it seems like every three or four months she grows tired of how her room is set up and so spends a day reorganizing and shifting things around. The bed, the bookcases, the desk, the other random furniture. 

She moves them around. Trying to get them into the next 'sweet spot.'

And like...I guess it makes sense that changing up your room can change the feel and make you more energized and such. Make it feel like you're in a 'new place' and so you can accomplish new things and such.

In a way I can get it. Sometimes it's nice to have things move around and be in a different placement.

At the same time....I have waaaaaayyyy too many knickknacks in my room. Little rocks and statues and other odds and ends that I've collected....that trying to put everything in a new configuration would be like playing the long game of tetris. 

And I don't always have the energy to have to think that hard lol. 

So overall my room has stayed pretty much the same since I've moved in.

Little things have changed. Like updating my bedding, switching around some artwork. Moving a few rocks around. But overall...not much has changed.

Though with me writing this entire post...I am wondering if I should take the time to you know...reorganize. Move all my knickknacks into different spots. Change up the energy in my room a bit....

At the same time....*exhales* It would be a lot of work....that I'm not quite willing to do just yet.

Especially after watching my roomie spend most of today rearranging her room lol.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment