Friday, July 2, 2021

Solo Time

 So. 

I've done 'solo' vacations before.

In the sense that I've traveled via airplane by myself before. Flying out to go visit family or friends. 

But for those particular vacations, I haven't really had to worry about transportation -friends/family had cars to drive or places to stay -stay in the person's house. 

This weekend though. 

Is my first "Solo" Vacation. 

While I am traveling to see family. This is the first time I've booked a hotel on my own. It's the first time I've driven myself to a destination out of state by myself. 

So that's been a bit of an adventure.

Traveling all by myself to a place hours away. Traveling out of state. 

*shakes head*

It's weird. To be doing this alone. 

At the same time.

So far I've really enjoyed it.

The peace and quiet in the hotel room.

The ability to just be by myself. To socialize on my terms. To not have to always be 'on' because I'm constantly around family/friends, but to just be...out in the world. Having my own mini adventures within this bigger adventure.

So yah. Even though it's a short little jaunt across state lines.

It's been a fun freeing experience so far.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment