Thursday, July 29, 2021

Too Many Kitties

 So yesterday, while I was off, we had a customer come into the store wanting to adopt 4 or 5 of our cats/kittens at once.

Why? Because they had a large room in their basement that they wanted to turn into a 'cat' room and have a bunch of cats.

My manager on duty wasn't sure if they could adopt 5 cats out to the same customer and so contacted me to ask if that was okay.

I'd never experienced that situation either. I think at most I've had a customer adopt like 3 cats at once?

Most of the time people just want one or two. 

And I was slightly concerned about the potential for a hoarding situation...as like...cats can become more work the more of them you get. And if these people had never had cats before...going all in with 5 would be a bit of doozy.

So I told my other manager to limit the customer to just 2 cats for now while I contacted the adoption group to check in with them to see if more cats could be adopted at once or not.

As I figured the new pet parents could start with 2 cats and if they thought they could handle more than in a couple of weeks they could come get a couple more. As I do know people who have a bunch of cats. But not ones who've gotten them all at once.

In any case the adoption group eventually gave the okay for that many cats to be adopted at once so long as the customer seemed....well responsible. That there were no red flags or anything.

By that point the customer had placed 2 cats on hold to be grabbed tomorrow (today) and had left the store.

Today...

The customer came back in....I interacted with them briefly at the register but hadn't realized they were 'that' customer from yesterday.

But they came in and my Head Manager interacted with them.

And the customer was like "I think I'm only going to get one cat." 

Why?

Because apparently they had gone home yesterday and informed their spouse of their plan to adopt 2 cats. (Unknown if they said 2 cats or if they told the spouse the original plan to get 4 or 5 cats) and the spouse freaked out.

Like. Seriously Freaked Out.

Freaked Out so much that said spouse stormed out of their home last night...and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

And it was like...lunch time when the customer came back in with their kids to try and get the one cat. 

My head manager was like :S :S :S

Because seriously....are you actually planning to adopt a cat even after your spouse has vanished and you haven't been able to reach them? You really want to bring in an animal that your spouse doesn't actively want into the home when you haven't finished talking it over with them?

My Head Manager managed to convince the customer that they should finish talking it over with their spouse first before getting a kitty....so they ended up leaving without one.

But still.

Like....I don't understand the people who just like....do that. Where they go "Oh my spouse is gonna hate me if I get this animal but I really want it so I'm getting it anyways."

Like where's the respect for your spouse? Where's the compromise? Where's the working things out?

Especially with this customer.

Like your spouse left the house after you told them you wanted to get 2 cats and  yet you still think it's a good idea to try and get one? *shakes head*

I'll never understand people.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment