Thursday, July 8, 2021

One of Those Thursdays

 It's always a Thursday.

Like. If something is going to happen at work. It will happen on a Thursday.

Like most of the time it's just the fact that we end up getting in a ton of customers first thing in the morning. 

But today we had one of our Groomers call out sick. Which meant that me and my other manager had to scramble to a) cancel the groomer's dogs of the day and b) see if anyone could come in to help out in the salon.

As policy is that there needs to be two people in the salon at all times. You know to have a second pair of eyes/hands if needed. 

And with the groomer calling out...it meant that we had a gap where there would only be one person in the salon. So we needed to see if we could call someone else in to help cover.

Problem is...we're sooo short staffed in the salon. We've been losing a lot of groomers and haven't been able to train our bathers in grooming fast enough to replace them.

So like...we're super short staffed most days. And the groomers are booked out like a good two months now because we have so little availability because we've had to go to shorter hours because we don't have enough people to cover our full hours. *exhales*

So yah that was fun stress first thing this morning. My other manager ended up calling the customers who had dogs today that now need to be rescheduled. While I reached out to whoever I could to see if they could come in to help cover a portion of grooming....

I was unsuccessful so the individual who was supposed to be staying later ended up calling in their dogs early -and succeeding- so that they could get their dogs done faster.

And it was like....just as we were getting the stress of grooming figured out...

that our favorite troublesome grooming customer who's been a thorn in our sides decided to call to inform us that she'd managed to find a place to take her dog to get groomed she just needed to know how we were going to pay for it. 

And so I took down the name of the place and their number from the customer so I could call -after confirming with our head manager- them to see if they would do payments over the phone or if we'd need to bring our store card over to pay for this customer's dog to get groomed.

ONLY 

This place REFUSED to answer the phone.

Like no matter what option I pressed the stupid robo voice on the other side was like "Visit our website. Visit our website. Visit our website."

Like dude no, I don't want to visit your website I just need to talk to a person real quick and see if you take payments over the phone. XP 

Ugh. 

So I ended up calling the customer back and being like "Well I tried to reach the people but they wouldn't answer their phones so just let them know we'll pay over the phone and if they don't accept that we'll run over with our card and pay for you."

Like.

Hopefully tomorrow will mean the end to this never ending saga.

But I fear that the groomers are going to take one look at this customer's old blind matted dog and go "No we can't do this." and we'll have to go run around in circles once again. 

*fingers crossed* that it all goes well and we get it all paid for and get this troublesome ordeal finally overwith.

But we'll see.

In any case.

Yah, not a good way to spend the first two hours of my shift.

*shakes head* I'm surprised I didn't end up with a headache because of the stress.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment