Friday, July 26, 2013

I Can Totally Eat That This Week!

My head thinks more creatively then what my reality dictates.

Especially when it comes to shopping.
Shopping for food.

I have all those moments staring at the various items on the shelf where I think:
"Oh, I can eat that this week. Oh I can totally make that! No problem."

However.
I've come to the realization.
That my food meals, outnumber the actual number of meals I can make in a week.

I over buy.
Because I'm not really a 'cooker'
Though my mind thinks I should be.
I think I should be.
I should be able to make a meal!

Three problems...
1) Most of the meals I want to make...I can't eat all of it. It's meals that are meant for two people, and unless I'm starving, I can't eat it all. And I dislike leftovers. And I dislike wasting food. So unless I can wrangle a roommate -rare- or grab Kikay -rare- or I decide I'm starving....it doesn't happen.
I've kinda gone away from those types of meals. It doesn't mean that I don't have the odd can of chili, or a box of mac and cheese (that I intend to make...sometime) It just means that unless I can portion it out to one person...it doesn't usually happen.
2) I tend to go for the snack foods first. The quick grabs. The food that doesn't require silverware of any kind in order to eat it. So anything that takes too long...is left on the shelf until I can find 'time' and 'energy' to really make it.
3) I don't quite do the 'three meals a day' thing. I tend to snack throughout the day. Which means big meals...aren't up there on the list. Especially since I've realized that work usually takes up two of the three meals of the day. And the meal that doesn't happen at work...either happens too early in the morning...(when I don't eat breakfast...or it's a quick granola bar) or...I get home late enough in the day...that I don't want to make anything because I have to go to bed.

Yah.
I plan to make all these meals.
But it doesn't happen.
I mean...if I plan for four 'dinner' meals....I'm lucky if even one happens that week.
I'm better when the food has been on the shelf for a week already, surprisingly enough. It's like it takes me a week to really realize I have that food and that I can make it.

So, this week. I went shopping for food...on Tuesday.
It's now Friday.
Here's what I planned to make.

1) Chips and Cheese + Salsa already at home = Nachos. Haven't made it.
2) Eggs and Sausage =Breakfast for Dinner. Haven't made.
3) A Loaf of Bread =A Variety of Sandwiches. Haven't opened the loaf. No Sandwiches Made.
4) Crescent Rolls and Cheese + Pepperoni already at home = Pepperoni Crescent Rolls. Haven't Made.

That's four meals.
I've had four days to make them all.
And...I haven't touched any of them.

The most distressing is the bread.
lol If only it lasted for two weeks instead of a week...I'm sure I could make those sandwiches.

Yet, time and time again. I convince myself. "This week! This week I will make sandwiches!"
Ah, my mind. My idealistic naïve mind.

What I really need....is a roommate that can join me for dinner.
Someone who can share a loaf of bread with me. (or find a place that sells half loaves of bread.)
Just someone who can share my bounty. So I can make those 'bigger meals' that require more then me to eat them.

*shakes head*
It isn't going to happen with my current set of roomies.
Two are already moved out.
The third...has dinner group with some of our ward people...every night. And therefore has no need to eat another meal.

*sighs*
Maybe this next group...when they move in in a month or so....
Will be better. We could do roommate dinners. Or I could say "hey I'm making this! You're eating it!"
Or at least find one roommate...who drinks milk -for those random meals I make once in a blue moon that requires milk in it. (I only use it for that. I don't like the taste of just plain milk), and likes to eat sandwiches. So that loaf of bread I might make two sandwiches from, gets used.

Yah. *crosses fingers* I really hope that happens when the new roommates move in.
Until then.

I'm grounded from buying loaves of bread.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment