Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ice Cream and Drive Thrus

I'd just bought some cake and ice cream for a birthday party later in the evening.
Only...I was starving.
I hadn't really had anything to eat in....well who knew how many hours. I couldn't even remember if I had breakfast.
But with ice cream in the car...I couldn't really go anywhere that required me to sit down.
With this hundred degree heat wave we've been having...the ice cream would have been soup in like five minutes if I didn't keep the AC going.
So.
I did something I've never done before.

I went through the drive through.

Talk about traumatizing. ;)

"Welcome to such and such a place, care to try our thingymabobber? Order when you're ready."

"Hi! Uh, can I get a number 4?"
"Size?"
"Huh?"
"What size do you want the combo."
"Oh, uh, Small."
"Drink?"
Thinking they were asking about the size still I responded "Small."
Then I realized.
"Oh. Sprite. I want sprite."

"Is that it for you?"
"Yah."
"Okay, I have a number 4 small combo with a sprite, that will be $4.40 at the next window."

Phew. :S At least they understood me. I'd half worried that they wouldn't be able to hear what I was trying to order.
So I pulled around.
Gave the person my card.
They gave me the card and a drink in return.
And I thought they said "And your food will be ready in a moment."
Though they might have said "Please pull forward and your food will be ready in a moment."
I mean...the whole thing was traumatizing as it was.
So I just sat there waiting.
Then the person open the fast food window and said "Can I please have you pull forward?"
"Oh! Sure!"
I saw in my rear view mirror that there was a minivan pulling around the corner.
So I pulled up.
To wait.
A second later.
The person walked outside and said "Can I have you pull up a little further?"
....Apparently the mini van was bigger then I thought it should be.
"Sure." -Already traumatized. I was like 'Great! This is a good first time.'
So I pulled up a little further.
Then to make sure they had plenty of room.
Pulled up a little further.
But I didn't want to go past the curb.
And then I waited.
The minivan got their ice cream, backed up a bit...before leaving.
>.> Apparently I hadn't pulled up far enough. But come on! I gave them plenty of room.
But then this big red truck with a black trailer on the end of it came around the corner.
()_() Uhoh. I hope my food comes soon.....as I don't imagine this beast of a vehicle backing up.
But still I waited.
I readjusted the AC to point down on the Ice Cream.
-It probably was like 5 minutes top. But still that's a lot of time in a car, that has the sun beating down upon it.
Then! Finally!
My food arrived.
Piping hot.
I smiled, and drove away as quickly as possible, food on the seat.

I'd done it!
I'd done it!
Yay!
And I probably won't do it again any time soon. lol.

Especially since the trauma didn't stop there.
Because I realized on the drive home.
My AC wasn't blowing cold air anymore!
:S I'd just gotten it fixed. Spent a good chunk of money on the parts too.
And I was like "No! It can't have been broken already!"
I had a mini panic attack. I mean, had I spazzed out my poor car by messing with the controllers to get the air on the ice cream sitting on the floor?
I got home. Turned off my car. turned it back on. It seemed a little cooler.
But I was still worried.
Soo I went inside for a bit. Ate my food. -It was delicious. :) Yay for drive thru food. :)
I went back out. Turned on the car.
Still no cold AC. So I messed around with it  bit, then realized.
The little button that turns on the AC
Wasn't blinking its little light at me.
So I pressed it.
WALLA! Cold air!
I fixed it!
I guess somehow in the midst of everything I'd accidentally pressed that button.

Which brings the question.
Why do they even HAVE that button?
I mean, seriously, you don't have to press any buttons to turn on the heat. Why can't you just switch over to AC just as easily? Why do you have to TURN ON the AC by pressing a button? If I move the dial over to cold...that should mean I want cold. Who wants warm steamy air blowing at them? Certainly not me.
*shakes head*
Yah...I don't get it.

In any case. I got the ice cream home unmelted. Had food, and kept my AC working. ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in school...and there was something along the lines of me pretending to be someone I wasn't. To make everyone else believe that that person was alive...when it was quite possible that they were dead.....

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment