Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Race

Kikay and I have two different driving styles.

She enjoys being on the right side of the highway. Going the speed limit.
I love to be in the left lanes....well not going the speed limit. I enjoy going fast. ^^;;

Well, a bit ago, she and I happened to be home at my parents at the same time, but we drove up in our separate cars.
So, quietly, I decided to race her.
It wasn't much of one. I ended up in the lead....and left her in the dust.

But then more recently, Kikay was ready to leave before I was. So teasingly I said "Okay, you get the head start. I'll see you soon." -As I do drive faster, I was sure I'd catch up to her. She laughed and said "Okay, signal me when you pass me by so I know its you."

I think she had around a 5 minute head start.

Well. It was quite the head start apparently.
The sun was setting as I took off....on a rather paranoid drive.
With the setting sun, colors of cars became more difficult to tell.
So I'd see tail lights in the distance, and speed up to see if it was Kikay.
Kikay?!
Not kikay.
Kikay!
Not kikay.

:S I rounded the point of the mountain....and I still hadn't seen her.
This was worrying.
The point of the mountain was the halfway mark. :S
Had I given her too much of a head start?
Was she already home?
Had she been driving faster then I thought she would?
Such paranoid thoughts spurned me on.
Worrying still.
I mean, I hadn't been able to go as fast as I like to....as the drivers in front of me were content with going much slower...like 5 or so mph below the speed limit. So I found it hard to get to the faster MPHs which would allow me to catch up to Kikay.

I nearly missed her. I'd been expecting her car to be lighter, but when I saw the taillights ahead. I was like ()_() COULD IT BE!!
Unfortunately the left lane of this car was blocked, so I moved over to the right. Pulled up along side the car. And saw Kikay driving in it!
KIKAY! Ha! I found her!

-Do you know how weird it is to be driving, and have your sister driving....and be in separate cars but next to each other? It's rather weird.

I pulled out in front of her. She flashed her brights at me a couple of times. I flashed my emergency lights before moving over to the lane left of her....and left her in the dust. lol :)
She still managed to get home before me, (she lives closer off her exit then I do) But I passed her! That's all I cared about lol.

Whew
I managed to catch up to her....like 7 miles before her exit.
-My exit is now the one after hers.
In any case. SEVEN MILES!
Can I say cutting it close? Cus it was rather close. If I'd been a minute or two slower in leaving my parents place...she could have probably made it home without us ever seeing each other.

But, I found out I wasn't the only one to experience a paranoid drive. lol.
Kikay did the same thing.
"Was that Sarnic?"
No.
Was that sarnic?!
No..
lol so I think we were both relieved to see each other in the end. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment