Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Into Writer's Mode

I'm sure most writers have them.
Those little mantras they tell themselves to get them into the mood to figure out plotlines, character development, how the next scene is going to go, or just to start writing.

The one I have for myself goes like this:

I ask: "What did you do?"
Then I respond: "I did what I had to do."

I'm not quite sure how that little conversation came about, It had something to do with two of my characters talking to each other, one asked the question, the other one responded as they did.

And it kinda just took off from there.
So if I'm working on something.
I just have those two lines go through my head.

And it reminds me.
What would the character do?
They did what they had to do.

I just need to figure out what they had to do.
What did you had to do?
(yes, I repeat this to myself with its bad grammar. I find it funny for some reason.)

So there you go. That's what I tell myself to get my brain into the 'writers mode.' :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Editor's Note: Have a Happy Fourth of July guys! I will be off on vaca for the next tenish days. So if you don't see any posts from me (and you probably won't) that is why. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment